Gauss-Telegraph: Recipe of the Month – Cauliflower Fry (India)
- 2-3 tbsp of oil
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tomato
- 300g cauliflower
- 1 glass of water
- 3-5 spoons of chili powder
- ¼ tbsp turmeric power
- ¼ tbsp of mustard seeds
- Cut the cauliflower, onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Take a Kadai or frying pan and pour 1/2 glass of water.
- Add ¼ tbsp turmeric powder.
- Add Cauliflower
- Allow the cauliflower to boil for 5 – 10 mins.
- In the meantime, heat another kadai or frying pan with 2-3 spoons of oil and ¼ tbsp of mustard seeds.
- After 2-3 mins, the mustard seeds will start to make a sound.
- Then you have to add the onions and tomatoes.
- Stir up or mix the onion and tomato for few minutes.
- After that, you have to add the small pieces of the boiled Cauliflower.
- Then add spoons of chili powder, and salt to taste.
- Again, stir it up or mix for few minutes.
- Then pour the ¼ glass of water and close the pan with a lid.
- Allow it to steam for 5 mins or less.
- Open the lid and check whether the cauliflower is well boiled. You can confirm this by touching it or if the size of cauliflower is reduced.
- Optional: you can add some mint before serving it.