Gauss-Telegraph: Recipe of the month – Koshari (كشري)
- 150 g chickpeas
- 150 g lentils
- 400 g rice
- 150 g vermicelli
- 150 g macaroni
Ingredients for the tomato vinegar sauce
- 250 g strained tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- 50 ml vinegar
- Coriander (dried)
- Chili (dried)
- First prepare the rice. Cook the macaroni and vermicelli noodles separately in a pot al dente in salted water.
- Rinse the lentils and the chickpeas with clear water and drain.
- For the tomato vinegar sauce, first peel and chop the onion, sauté in hot oil until translucent. Add strained tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped garlic. Deglaze with vinegar and lemon juice. Season with cumin, coriander, chili and cardamom.
- Now add the rice, noodles, lentils, chickpeas in a pot and mix gently. Pour the tomato vinegar sauce on top and serve.
You must be logged in to post a comment.