Gauss-Telegraph: Recipe of the Month – Guiso de lentejas
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato concentrate
- 1/2 cup lentils (100 g)
- 450 g of potatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: Garnish with cilantro
- Pour 2 cups of water (500 ml) into a pot and when it comes to a boil, add all the chopped vegetables except the potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium high heat and blend the sauce in a blender.
- Pour the sauce back into the pot, add the tomato concentrate, stir and then add the lentils and another 3 cups of water (750 ml). Cook over medium high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and cook on medium high heat for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- Add the oregano, paprika and salt, stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
Source: Danza de fogones