Gauss-Telegraph: Recipe of the month – Ramen with Tofu and Miso broth
- 180 – 240 g Ramen noodles
- 1 package of tofu
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (smashed)
- Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup fresh or dried shiitake mushrooms
- Enoki mushrooms
- Bok choy
- Sesame oil
- Olive oil
- Optional: Mirin
The amount of veggies can be determined to taste. You can also add other veggies like shredded carrots, cabbage, daikon radish, spinach…
- Cut the enoki mushrooms, bok choy and tofu into bite-sized pieces. Place them on a parchment-lined sheet pan with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 200 °C until the veggies are tender and the tofu is crispy.
- To make the broth, sauté the onion and the smashed garlic in a pot with some oil for around three minutes, until the onion is golden brown. Add the veggie stock, water, shiitake mushrooms and mirin to the pot.
- Let the broth simmer for around 20-25 minutes. Then add the miso and season with salt and pepper to taste. If the broth becomes too salty, you can add more water.
- Cook the ramen noodles in a pot of boiling water according to the instructions in the package. Once they’re done, drain the noodles and drizzle some sesame oil to prevent them from sticking.
- To assemble the noodle bowls, add cooked noodles to the bowl. Then, arrange the tofu and veggies on top. Afterwards, pour the miso broth with some shiitake mushrooms.
- Garnish with seaweed and sesame seeds.
You must be logged in to post a comment.