Gauss-Telegraph: Recipe of the Month – Vegan Apple Crumble
For the apple filling:
- 1 kg peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 150 g oat flakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 170 g margarine (weighed and melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Peel the apple and cut into cubes
- Mix apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Prepare topping: Mix oatmeal, sugar, cinnamon well in a bowl and then pour in the melted margarine/butter and vanilla extract. Then stir the ingredients together.
- Pour apple mixture into a baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Spread the topping over the apple layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes until top is golden brown and apple mixture is bubbling on the sides.
Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with ice cream.
Source: Loving It Vegan